The Oude-God site in Mortsel has undergone several changes in recent years. The new Parkschool, the scouts and the after-school childcare center all got new buildings by the edge of a beautiful new park. The City Terrace forms the final piece of development in the Oude-God area. A stone's throw away from the commercial center of Mortsel, in an urban environment and surrounded by greenery; welcome to the City Terrace!
In our design, we purposefully decided to fully preserve the old Sint-Lutgardis school, supplemented with new construction. Both the main building on the Mechelsesteenweg and the two wings that flank the playground are being redeveloped into characterful apartments, commercial spaces and public spaces. With 131 housing units, 17 social housing units, a neighborhood supermarket and a daycare center, we’re providing a place for everyone.
- A green meeting place in the middle of the city
- Connection between the park and the center of Mortsel
- Newly built homes and characterful apartments in the renovated Sint-Lutgardis school
- Plenty of public transport: busses, trams and trains stop next door
- Within cycling distance of Antwerp center
- More and safer connections for local cyclists and pedestrians